Friday, July 3, 2009

Updates of Table Topper, Sals........

I have been working on the Table Topper, here is a picture of the progress so far. Sorry for the poor picture, it was dark and raining when I snapped this wip. I switched to Anchor varigated thread for the light green color because the DMC's shade was just not right.


Progress on the large wips is slow. I promised myself to work on them more this summer vacation but got distracted along the way by so many other things. My current interest in patchwork is taking away the time for cross stitching. I had only added two and a half motifs to my BP sampler, very slow progress indeed. No work is done on the Christmas Quaker for quite a while, hope to pick it up soon. Currently working on the LK Flip-it Blocks, the April's block. I am way behind my goals, have to catch up with May, June and July blocks. Hopefully, I will have progress pictures to show in my next posting.




Remember the "Red Needles" in my last post, I had finished it into a sewing book, with pockets for threads, scissors and needles.




Lynn, my partner, had received the Christmas Ornament in the HoE Christmas in July Exchange. This is what I stitched for her - "Winter", a design by The Prairie Schooler. This design was featured in JCS Ornament 2006 Issue.



I just download the July Issue of The Gift of Stitching. Fell in love with the cover page, On the Moors with Emily Bronte Pillow by The Sampler Girl. Another new start? I am very tempted to start immediately but maybe after I finish the Table Topper.

Until the next update, Happy July 4th to all my American friends!

Take care,
Ellen

3 comments:

Brigitte said...

Your table topper will be great. Nice progress on Beatrix.
I love that needlebook, so creatively finished. Wonderful.

Carol said...

All of you projects look lovely. I really like the Hardanger bell pull in one of your earlier posts.

Anita said...

Wow, you have so many great sewing finishes, great fabric, and stitching. You have been very busy for sure.