Saturday, September 12, 2009

Fall Biscornu and an Update on Beatrix

Victoria Sampler Yahoo Group is having a Fall Contest. Thea Dueck (the host) has designed a fall biscornu for this contest. This design calls for a combination of hardanger, cross stitch and ribbon embroidery( if you like). Stitchers are free to use their choices of fabrics and threads. Other embellishments like beads, ribbons and buttons etc are allowed. Entries must be posted by 1st October and the winner will be voted by the members of this group. I had finished my version of the biscornu. I stitched the design on 32ct Belfast linen (light sand) using DMC and Anchor threads. The biscornu is small, barely 2 3/4 inches in size.

While I have my attention on hardanger, I decided to finish this Hardanger Runner. It has been an UFO for more than 2 years. I got tired of all the weavings and there were lots of other distractions like starting new hobbies and new designs. This design was stitched on 28ct light yellow Monaco. I hope to finish it soon, only five more of those circles to weave.





Here is another small hardanger project to show. I mounted this heart on a plastic box. The thread using is DMC varigated perle 8.





I got this Kit from Doris, she was finding new homes for her UFOs. It is an Emie Bishop's kit with hardanger and cross stitch. Doris had started with the hardanger and I continue from there. Here is a picture of the progress so far. Thank you, Doris, for this kit. I shall enjoy stitching it.



Here is an update on Beautrix. I have been adding two to three motifs monthly, progress is slow but steady. Pictures are posted to the BP SAL's blog faithfully every month. Posting encourages me to pick up and stitch on this sampler every month. I do not want this to be another UFO. This sampler is unlikely to be completed by end of this year as I originally planned.





Happy Dance! I had completed Joyful and Caring, it was a fun and quick stitch. This is the design I stitched for the LHN's Women SAL. This piece is destinated for my friend's birthday next month. I have not decided on the finishing.





Currently, I am busy stitching for swap and exchange. Thank you all friends for visiting my blog. I appreciate all the comments.

Happy stitching and take care!

Hugs,
Ellen

9 comments:

Einschies blog said...

Ellen, your Biscornu is wonderful and so it is your other work, especially the hardanger pieces;-))
I did hardanger too some years ago and I want to do the fall Biscornu too, but I hate it meanwhile to cut my fabric*sigh*...well I thought your blog was new to me but I visited you before...I like it here so I will add your blog to my long stitchers list,-))

Happy stitching,
Gaby

Anita said...

Awesome Fall theme biscornu. I love the design as well the colors. I need to go and stitch some hardanger designs.

doris said...

Oh, I hardly know where to start. It's great to see that kit being stitched. It's been sitting for so many years in a cedar chest, and it must be terribly happy in your hands.

Your biscornu, heart and tablerunner are truly beautiful. Miss Bea is looking wonderful. Congratulations on your cute new finish. You get so much accomplished!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Such wonderful stitching! Love the fall biscornu!

Unknown said...

Wonderful Work Ellen. I love the biscornu.

Mylene said...

I just love your fall biscornu, so neatly finished as well as your table runner.
Oh, how i wish i can work on my hardanger projects too...

Sew Sew Special said...

Ellen, All of your projects are just wonderful, you are quite talented!
Thank you for sharing, I look forward to visiting again and again!
Karen

Sheila said...

Beautiful pieces. I love doing little biscornu's. I love your hardanger pieces, I really want to learn that.

Brigitte said...

Wow, Ellen, you are stitching some gorgeous hardanger pieces. I have never tried hardanger and won't do so (Ijust have enough XS WIPs and UFOs, lol) but I love the look of it.
Great progress on your Beatrix Potter. This will be my next UFO/WIP to finish.