Monday, July 19, 2010

Flowers Show And Some Small Finishes

I took my mum to the Flowers Show last week. Here are some pictures.











I have not been stitching much since my last post. There is not much progress on my big wips, I had been stitching for exchanges and smalls.
I was in a Swap hosted by Nina. This is what I stitched for my partner Su. Picture was taken by

Su, she is very good with photography. She also stitches beautifully.

The theme for this exchange is French designs. I stitched for her a freebie by Les petites croix de Christine and finished into a pin pillow. Design was stitched on 32ct Belfast linen using DMC threads. Using the same backing fabric for the big cushion, I made her another smaller pin cushion. I was very happy that Su likes these cushions together with the goodies I sent her.


I love this scissors case when I saw it in blogland. I stitched it on 32ct Belfast linen using Nina's thread, Cherry Coffee. The chart came with a skein of turquoise silk but I decided to try Nina's hand-dyed threads. Lovely colors, please visit Nina's blog to see her beautiful hand-dyed threads.

Stitching is done but I have yet to do the finishing, hope to get it done soon.


I stitched another small, this it is designated for my next box topping. It's a freebie by Liselotte. Again, I stitched it on 32ct Belfast linen using DMC variations 4025.

Another small was stitched and finished into a pin cushion but I cannot show yet because it is for another Exchange. Will post when my partner receives it.


Here are pictures of progress on my Spring Quaker SAL. Very slow progress, I am only on page 5.


The SAL is currently on page 14. I have a long way to go to catch up.








Thank you for your visits and comments.

Happy stitching and take care!

Hugs,
Ellen

8 comments:

Mylene said...

Hi Ellen, good to see you post and thanks for stopping by on my blog.

WOW! What gorgeous flower arrangements. Thanks for sharing all the pictures.

Lovely finishes you have recently.

Sally said...

The pictures from the flower show are beautiful Ellen.

You have some beautiful finishes and WIPs. I love the Spring Quaker. The colours are so pretty.

Daphne said...

Hi Ellen!
I just realised that I don't have your email address cause I left it at home in sg.. so this is the only way I can contact you for now. Could you send me an email? It should be on my profile..

Btw, I like your scissor case and the colour thread you chose for it

Lillie said...

Awesome flowers.

Nice finishes and Spring Quaker is progressing very nicely.

Brigitte said...

You have been stitching some very nice things lately. I love the little cherub you stitched and finished for Sue. And that Scissor case you started looks gorgeous with the thread you used. Wonderful colour. I also love your other WIPs.

Marcy said...

Hi! Your Spring Quaker is lovely. And the flower show pictures are gorgeous -- thanks for posting them

sheri said...

I absolutely love the colors in your Spring Quaker! Gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

I have seen this piece before and an absolutely dieing to get my hands on the pattern. Gorgeous!

Peggy H.
www.neverenoughstash.blogspot.com