Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Big Project

I could not resist Susan. I saw Merumo's finish of this Sampler on her blog, it is gorgeous! Found a piece of 28ct Mushroom Monoco in my stash that is big enough for this project. This is going to be a big project, finished size is 23.12 x 13.62 inches. I decided to use DMC cotton instead of the Needlepoint silk that this Sampler called for.


Design: 1839 Susan Rambo Sampler
Fabric: 28ct Mushroom Monaco
Thread: DMC cotton


Here is another picture of my start, I love these colors. Will try to work on this project regularly and post updates. I am not a one-project person.



I participate in two HoE Exchanges that are due in June. Both exchanges, the PS Seasonal Exchange and the Snowman Round Exchange, had been mailed. For the PS Seasonal Exchange, I chose to stitch for my partner a design from The Gift of Stitching. This is Marie's favorite season - Fall.


Design: From February 2008 of TGOS
Fabric: 28ct Monaco
Thread: DMC


I finished this piece into a mini wallhanging. Marie had received this exchange and I am so glad that she like it.



I received a beautiful Snowman Ornament from Erin W for Snowman Round Exchange. She stitched for me a design by Cathy Jean from the 2009 JCS Ornament Issue. She personalised the ornament with our names on the back. I love this round ornament very much. Erin's stitching and finishing are perfect. Thank you, Erin, for a lovely exchange.



Patti had a giveaway on her blog in May. Look, what I won, a needlecase and matching fob kits. Patti was stitching Just Nan's Bluebird Alphabet then and I just love it. Patti is so gracious to include this design in my wining parcel. She had finished and framed Bluebird Alphabet, so hop over to her blog to see this pretty stitching. Thank you, Patti, for the lovely kits and Just Nan's chart.


Here is a close up picture of Bluebird Alphabet!



This next picture should be familiar to most stitchers. It is Tulip House Stitching Companion from BBD's A Stitcher's Journey.

I got the box from Myra. She painted it, isn't it beautiful? This project is on top of my "To Do List". I had stitched the Tulip Pincushion, just need to finish it. See my earlier post.


Thank you for all the lovely comments, they are greatly appreciated. I will leave you with pictures of a sumptuous High Tea at Regent Hotel. It was a Mother's Day treat for me!

Take care and Happy Stitching!

Hugs,
Ellen








12 comments:

Myra said...

Your big project is already beautiful! Those colors are so pretty. Love the exchange pieces - so cute and fun. I hope you had a great weekend!

Chris said...

I love your Susan Rambo start. I am looking forward to stitching this one!

Carol said...

How pretty, Ellen! I really love your Susan Rambo WIP and look forward to following your progress.

Your Mother's Day tea looks delightful--especially those little macaroons--yum :)

Mylene said...

That's a beautiful design you've started Ellen and you've made a good start. Lovely exchanges both sent and received as well as the goodies.

I LOVE sushi...yummmy!!

Sally said...

Love your start on Susan Rambo. I've just seen Margaret's finished piece and it's stunning! Can you tell me which issue it's in please? I might have to see if I can get it.

Gorgeous exchange pieces.

Gabi said...

What a lovely new start. Susan is such a beauty isn't she?
Gorgeous exchange pieces as well.
Love that box too, it will be perfect for your BBD finish.
That high tea looks seriously delicious!!

Kathy Ellen said...

Lovely start on "Susan Rambo"...I have seen this finished and it is wonderful. Beautiful exchange pieces too. Your Mother's Day High Tea looks like it was a truly delightful experience....so many yummy treats!

Lillie said...

That sampler is fabulous and so are the exchanges both going and coming.

Yummilious fooood!Have a good week ahead :)

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

I think I'm going to have to do Susan Rambo, too! Just love the colors and like you, I'll be doing her in DMC, when I start her. Yours looks amazing already.

The exchange pieces are fantastic as is your BBD box. Wonderful!!

Emmanuelle said...

It's going to be a lovely sampler! The other works are so cute too, and the tea looks yummy!

Donna said...

Hi Ellen, I tried to email you but could not find an email address for you. You can email me at stitchbythebay@hotmail.com. and I can answer your request that way.

Pumpkin said...

What a gorgeous sampler! Can't wait to see more :o)

Now that's a great way to finish a piece!