Monday, December 3, 2012

More Christmas Stitchings

It's December and I have more stitchings to show!

First, an update on Elisa's Christmas Tree. It is progressing very slowly because I am stitching more ornaments!


A closer look, I love the red stocking and that candy cane!



More ornaments....

Designer: Freebie by iStitch
Thread: DMC
Fabric: Unknown (probably 32ct)

Designer: Freebie by Niky's Creations
Thread: DMC
Fabric: Unknown (probably 32ct)

Designer: The Little Stitcher
Thread: DMC
Fabric: 30ct linen
Merry Christmas is a freebie from The Little Stitcher. The stitching is not completed yet ha ha! I am also stitching the Fairytale Advent Calendar. Laura designs 24 small and cute ornies! The next two pictures are taken from her blog.




I have completed 3 of the 24 little ornaments. Hopefully I will be able to stitch all the 24 ornaments before X'mas! I plan to do the finishing on all the ornaments this weekend ha ha ha!

I received a wonderful ornament from Marie P for the HoE Stitcher's Choice Ornament Exchange. She chose to stitch for me a freebie by Plum Street Samplers, Christmas Coffee 2012. Marie's stitching and finishing are gorgeous! Thank you, Marie, I love this ornament very much!



Besides boxes, I also collect scissors. Here is a recent addition to my collection! This one is from China, a well known brand "Zhang Xiao Quan".



A beautiful gift from my friend, Sonia. It's for my handphone! She is great at patchwork and quilting! Thank you, Sonia, I love it!



Nicola is celebrating her birthday in a big way in 2013. She is organising a Scarlet Letter Challenge, to  complete one or more samplers by The Scarlet Letter. Please visit Nicola's Scarlet Letter Year if you are interested to join the Challenge. I have added my name to the long list of stitchers. The Scarlet Letter website offers a wide selection of samplers, some stitchers already have many SL samplers in their stashes! I have yet to decide what I want to stitch for this challenge ha ha!

Thank you for your visits and comments! Please come back to see my ornies in the next update! I will also show you what I am going to stitch for Nicola's Challenge!

Happy Stitching!

Hugs,
Ellen


11 comments:

Solstitches said...

I enjoyed this post very much Ellen.
You've been busy with your ornament stitching and they are all so pretty.
I love the quilted bag you received from your friend and what a beautiful ornament you received in the exchange.
Hugs,
Margaret

Nicola said...

Sonia's gift is so beautiful and useful. I love the design.

Friendship is certainly a gift of heart.

Siobhán said...

Ellen, your ornament stitching is so nice! I am really impressed. Sonia's gift is gorgeous, and I love the ornament that you received in the exchange, too. I need to get off my backside and get working on some ornaments after seeing how much you're getting done. ;)

Tatkis said...

So many beautiful ornaments!
Enjoy stitching and finishing them!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Myra said...

This is such a pretty piece Ellen. I love the colors on the natural linen.

Lillie said...

Your Christmas stitching all very pretty.

Wonderful gift from Sonia and a lovely exchange received.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Hi, returning the following.

Love your Christmas stitching especially the first tree you're doing.

Angela said...

All you projects look wonderful! Love the ornament exchange.

Nima said...

so nice to see all your christmas projects

Simone de Klerk said...

We are working on similar projects. I have finished the gorgeous Christmas tree and am now working on the advent calendar. I am actually up to date, thanks to the SAL.
Have a lovely Sunday.

Carin said...

What a beautiful ornaments you stitched. They look so beautiful !!
Your present is very nice too.